Social icons

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Blogger of the Month (March 2016) : ABitterSweetDiary


I will forever love reading posts by people who appreciate the little things in life and inspire their readers to reflect on the things they may take for granted. I admit, I can be a right moody, stubborn so-and-so at times who feels like nothing in life is going my way whether it's because I failed my exam or because a strand of stupid hair doesn't stay in the right place and ends up making me look like I've been dragged through a bush backwards. But it makes me feel so much better coming home from a long day sometimes and reading some feel-good posts. They'll always be my favourite.

I can honestly say I haven't felt truly happy or confident in myself for a long time, just like the majority of the teenage population, but ever since I read Rita's post "100 simple things that make me happy" on ABitterSweetDiary, I've starting focusing my time and energy on things which make me my happiest despite what judgmental, irrelevant people think. Since I've been doing this I've been noticing myself becoming much happier and appreciating things I never really gave much thought to before. (Coming home and curling in a blanket-burrito while binge watching YouTube with a hot cup of tea? Amen sister, Amen) Recently her post, "19 things I've learnt in 19 years" made me think about what I really want from life; where I want to be 10 years from now and how the fuck I'm going to get there. Rita's post reminded me that it's okay to make those "omg why?!" mistakes because I'll learn from them to become a stronger person, and that it's okay to cut off toxic people from my life if they're holding me back from my happiness from whatever I want to do. Safe to say some well needed end to "friendships" have been made, and it's amazing how much closer I've become to some people who I'd never had thought I'd create a long-lasting friendship with!

I think you should all go and check out ABitterSweetDiary if you need a good pick-me-up read from a down-to-earth blogger! 


Have you ever read one of Rita's posts?
Cloe xox

4 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your words! It literally means so much to me knowing that I've helped you somehow! These last few days I wasn't at all motivated to blog and I have been trying to move out of that place and you just did it for me by reminding me why I do this! If by every post I write, I can at least make one person smile then I'm doing it right :) Thank you so much!! Xx

    abittersweetdiary.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome:-) I'm glad I sparked your motivation again, you're a great blogger! Cloe x

      Delete
  3. Rita is one of my favourite bloggers too!!

    www.brittanyfenton.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.