Social icons

Sunday, April 17, 2016

My Last Ever Day!


For the past 4 years I've been waiting for the 15th April 2016. I've been waiting to leave school, waiting to leave seeing the same people every single day and waiting to leave living my life by bells every hour. I couldn't wait to leave school, you could say I hated it with a passion.
But the 15th April finally rolled around, and it was the most fun yet the saddest day of my life, and now I don't want to leave, and I wish I cherished my time at school more.


You could say I've had my fair share of arguments and losing friends who actually meant the world to me, and if anything out of my entire school experience, I regret that the most. But on Friday, those ends to friendships seemed like they never happened, and all the bad aspects of the past were forgotten, and fuck me, that was an absolutely amazing feeling and it made me realise just how much the people I had spent the last 4 years with, meant to me.

Fuck, I'm crying.

So let me basically just go through what happened on my last ever day of school.

In my school it's a tradition that on the last day, year 13s dress up in fancy dress and basically act like idiots all day. So if you can't tell by the photos already, as a year group we decided to dress up as superheroes! I was Captain America. Once we got into school me and Emma basically put on a bit of Biebs and danced around the school singing at the top of our lungs...we received a lot of confused looks and I somewhat feel that people felt embarrassed for us, but oh well! Me and Emma acting like idiots ended up as the whole year going around the school doing the cha cha slide, riding in shopping trollies (courtesy of Aldi) and squirting silly string on the younger years (something which our headteacher had a hissy fit about...but lets just add that to the list shall we)


After having breakfast in the common room which basically noone ate and we used it as a hangover cure the next day, we went on to do 2 and a half hours of "sport", aka hover boarding, nearly dying on stilts and knocking each other down on a wet, soapy bouncy castle (RIP to my straight hair which turned into a complete, curly mess).
Ever since my school opened, the year 13's just parade around school, decorating classrooms and barging into lessons and kidnapping students on their last day, but no, this year our headteacher decided that that wasn't going to be happening, which basically started a student revolution for the past year and instead we were provided with these activities to do after I said a flippant comment about having a bouncy castle on the middle of the football pitch...you're welcome guys. 
I think the day was actually so much more fun than if we just went around classrooms all day. We all looked like dicks doing the different activities, (especially when the guy chose me to demonstrate how to use the hoverboards in front of everyone which nearly led to me to fall to my death) and just imagine what playing the tug of war on a wet bouncy castle looks like...



When that was all over and we were having lunch of takeout pizzas while getting ready for our final assembly, it finally hit me like a fucking brick to the face, that this was it. This was the end of my school life. This was the end of coming into school every single day and walking to the common room to see the boys on the table football and the girls basically asleep on the sofas. This was the end of seeing my best friends every single day. I felt like shit and I didn't want the day to ever end.


But it had to, and before I knew it we were walking into the final year assembly where the teachers made it official that we were leaving.
This year the assembly was completely different to what it usually is, what a surprise, something else changed. After our year group 'un'coordinator did quite an emotional speech about how we showed just how much we meant to each other and how much he is going to miss us (I swear he looked like he was about to burst into tears), each person in the year received an award (most likely to smash through the glass ceiling and being the next 'Lady Sugar' oi-oi!) and our leavers hoodie before watching a hilarious video that Nick made of the class containing ugly selfies and amazing memories & Ben and Harry did a speech basically dissing all of the teachers except for CavCav who will forever be a lad!




Obviously you can't have a last day without playing the ring of fire, getting drunk and singing at the top of your lungs, right? Fair to say I had an extremely good night and I suffered the next day along with losing my voice...oops.


So I'm on to the next chapter of my life, which means I'm basically an adult with responsibilities... shit.

GOOD LUCK YEAR 13 ON YOUR EXAMS, AND SEE YOU LOSERS AT GRADUATION X


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.