Social icons

Thursday, July 7, 2016

What I've Learnt From Living By Myself


Last week I was put in charge of making sure noone burgled our house or set it on fire while my parents went on holiday. During that time I learnt a lot about what it's like to live alone so today I thought I'd share what I found out!

It's really fucking lonely.
I thought I was going to love having the house to myself as I would be able to whatever the hell I wanted and also have some relaxation time. However as soon as my parents left, I found myself standing in the middle of an empty house with no idea what to do. I've definitely learnt that I'm more of an extravert and always want to be doing something rather than just sitting and chilling by myself.

I'm more inclined to keep things tidy and clean up after myself.
If you know me, you'll know I'm the queen of slobbery. I HATE cleaning and will do everything in my power to avoid it at all costs. However, I don't know what changed in my head, but all of a sudden I found myself wanting to clean the house and keep on top of it... I know, scary.

I appreciate my mum a lot more and all the little things she does.
I never give a second thought when my mum does things like cooking me meals or washing my clothes, yet when I had to do it myself I realised just how much she actually does for me. I especially appreciate how she gets up at 7am to walk the dogs by herself too after I was woken waaaaay too early by two dogs jumping all over me.

Thunderstorms are really fucking scary.
I've never been scared of thunder and lightening, never ever ever. Yet, on the second night of being alone I found myself thinking that lightening was about to strike my house at any time and I was going to end up dead. I'm clearly a positive thinker.

It's so much easier to eat healthily.
Whenever I try and eat healthily I always find myself tempted by the chocolate at the bottom of the fridge or the multiple variations of crisps in the draw. Yet when I went food shopping I found myself finally in control of what I wanted to buy and eat. Surprisingly I ate so healthily all week (minus a little too much alcohol) and hopefully that will continue!

Have you learnt anything from living alone?
Cloe xox

2 comments

  1. I've never lived completely by myself, I share a flat with two friends but I get what you mean about being lonely. Whenever I have the house to myself for a few days I get so bored and lonely. I've also realised that now that I don't live with my parents anymore I am so much more organised and clean. However, whenever I go back home my old self comes back hahah x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lonely isn't it! & hahah yes now they're back I've turned back to my old ways hahaha!X

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.